Combines Well guys I saw the new

pedro

Nothing new on the New Hollands, my 1997 Tx66 has this feature. pedro

Mick

Well JD, NH are just delivering what farmers have demanded, larger capacity, bigger grain tanks, stronger drives, faster unloading, larger,quieter and better vision cabs. More information to the operator (inf0-view monitor),all of this with the benefits of the twin-rotor system that we all love for its gentler handling of grain. Also JD, you should look at your settings if repeats are a big issue with your machine.

Dustmaker

JD, I don't get you logic. How do you figure that at return auger and rethresher is more moving parts than the old system with 15 feet of chain that wears out ever few years, cracks a lot of grain, and still has an auger on top to move the tailings to the rotors. It seems to me on the returns system they have eliminated about 90% of the parts. The old return system was a very weak point on the TR's anyway, this can't be any worse.

JD

logicIJ I'll tell ya what, you go down to your dealer and price the parts for a TR's return system and the number of parts required to rebuild the entire returns. Now, go do the same with the CR's and then report back as to how much and how many on each machineIJ I'd be willing to bet the cost on the CR's will double-triple the TR's and there are many more moving wear parts with the new system. Wanna bet on this palIJ A drag chain is much easier on grain than an auger when placed in an upright postion. If you had a lot of trouble with a return system on a TR, chances are you had your bottom sieve to tight. Also, it is a must to keep the drag chain tightened to the proper tension, if this is done they are relativly trouble free. JD

JD

Why don't you point out to us all where I mentioned excessive returns where a problem on a TR machineIJ Yada, yada, yada.............. And just who on this board was asked by NH for info reguarding the so called improvements which you mention aboveIJ When NH was developing the "Genesis" tractor line they did extensive consumer surveys throughout the country and wa-la, they created a big hit with it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fiat turn CNH a loose in the near future, couple years at best. If and when this should happen who will be willing to pickup the CR line as was done with the "Genesis" lineIJ Answer....no body! JD

caribou

JD, do you always have to get the last word inIJ Some of your points are valid, but to me the CR combine seems to be a great machine that may give New Holland a shot at gaining more market share. There must be some reason that NH has so few combines out there and I can't believe it is all the dealer's or marketing's fault. The machine has to be there first. I believe New Holland has made great strides with the CR line while other companies such as JD are going backwards. This is from a guy that has always had JD combines. I'm sure you'll have some remarks to make again. To me your logic is a little weird, but to each his own.

JD

you may see it as a "last word" sentiment but, that is not how I am intending it to be. Just pointing out what NH has done in the past versus now. You and others probably have not noticed if you have not been a patron of NH equipment over the years. As far as NH not having the numbers, anyone who is aware of marketing and demographics where NH dealers are concerned can surely put 2 and 2 together. Just a couple examples from past markets here.....in the late 60's, MF had the market share on combines just west of here cause they had dealers at every crossroads. JD was second with Gleaner nippng their heels. Before 1982 arrived, just about all the MF and Gleaner dealers had closed their doors and there where several reasons why. Also, many JD dealers went by the wayside in this time frame. I would dare say there has not been 5 MF and Gleaner combines sold within a 150 mile area of here since. Now, since the late 80's when IH and JI Case merged the sales of the Axial Flows exploded here. And this was due to the fact that the Case dealers now had a combine to sell with service to back it up along with the older IH dealers. Once again, JD was still at the top of the market sales but CIH has been right there on the butt. NH has always been about the same in this area, very few dealers have changed hands or closed so their base has remained about the same throughout this time frame. Nor have they(NH) gained any new dealers here and it averages 1 for every 75 miles or so....JD has about 1 for every 25 miles....CIH 1 for every 40 miles.....and these numbers equate to about the same in combine sales here. Agco here now is about 1 for every 125 miles. I'll tell ya what caribou, if the CR gains marketshare over what the TR's had(doubtful),I'd be willing to bet that it comes from people like yourself in that it would be a first time NH combine purchase on their part. I don't know if NHDon has gone through with the JD deal yet but there is already 2 loyal NH combine patrons on here considering leaving the program! And that's 2 out of what...10 who post on any regular basisIJ I have already talked to the NH dealers that I deal with, they are already tightening up their belts cause they believe their sales are going to plument with this machine and their number one reason being the new floor plan and base pricing on the machines. Okay, blaze away.....JD

Dustmaker

Question: How do you profess to be an expert on what is going to wear out on the CRIJ It hasn't spent much time in the field yet, unless of course you were directly involved in it's development. Did it ever occur to you that they actually may be building a better combine that does not wear out in three years. I am thinking a chain is going to wear out a lot quicker than an auger. How many augers have you replaced on your TRIJ

JD

Common sense approach sir, never said I was an expert but, I have a lot of experince with the TR's. I'll have to spell it out to ya I guess.......TR's return system consists of the following parts.....a drag chain, 2 sprockets, 2 shafts, 4 bearings, 2 augers, 4 bearings,,,all components driven by one chain Now I'm going on sight alone with the CR's return system so if I'm incorrect please feel free to correct with truthful information......3 augers, 4 bearings or more, some sort of gear box where the augers turn 90 degrees to come across the sieves, small rotor, 2 bearings I assume on it, some sort of rasp bars, some sort of grate, if I recall correctly it was all hyd. driven, if not add the needed drive now you take a good look at this and tell me which has more moving parts, which would cost the most to rebuild, and which has more wear pointsIJ Also which is easier on the grain!!!! If you have a worn out TR in 3 years you have a problem running to much dirt through the machine, fail to lubricate it properly, or you actually have no experince with a TR, going only on rumor's. Or, you may be one of the 50,000+ acre farmer'sIJ I replace the flighting on my augers every 2 years except on the auger that carries the tailing across the top of the rotors and the grain tank augers, as this keeps the machine up to it's "new" capacity plus maintaining grain quality. For the clean grain, tailings and bubble-up auger it costs about $150.00 to re-flight, complete costs. JD

Dustmaker

Does all of your analysis mean it is going to wear out quickerIJIJIJIJ