Combines Well guys I saw the new

Dustmaker

One more thing. I was not referring to the whole combine wearing out in three years. We were discussing the return system. I do not need your step by step analysis of combine components. And no I do not run dirt through my TR. I have been around TR combines since 1976 in either an ownership or operational capacity, so also know a fair bit about them, having put on thousands of hours. Your opinions and experiences may be valid for your geographic location, but don't assume that it applies to everyone else. I am familiar with at least a half a dozen or so TR owners in my area, that have had the same experience as myself with how they work, so there are no set rules that apply to all. NH has had issues on these combines that needed to be addressed, and I believe they have done that. They have given them respectable cleaning capacity which they did not have before, (particularly in some crops). They have increased the capacity of the return system. They have increased the size of the drives, especially the rotor drive, which has been long overdue.(Try running the rotors at 700 rpm, and keep them from plugging and frying the belt, in 35 bushel canola). They have improved the cab, making it one of the best around. And besides all this, they look good. On that note, I end my part in this discussion

All_colours_turned_Yellow

Go to any old Tx sale brochure and you can see what it is all about. This system is nothing new to New Holland, it has been in the Tx combine for about a decade along with the self levelling shoe.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

This returns system and self levelling shoe are bullit proof. They have been in the Tx line of combines for over a decade. New Holland did a very poor job of promoting certain features like this in the past especially in their Tx line of combines. I would say about 90% of these new combine model features came from the Tx line except the stone trap and twin rotor concept. The TX combine weighs more than competive combines on the market as does the new CR and CX models. This extra weight comes from design strenght and design integrity. Too many North American built combines are built out of tin not Iron. I am extatick that finally a combine can be bought with some value for the money. More iron, less tin means longer service life over the long run and a possibility of a 10000 hr. minimum life expectancy.