Combines chaff spreader

Red_Greene

I tried one on our old 1440 a few years back, it didn't work that great. I felt it was hard on the bearings also. I found out that by making the two sheet metal spreader disc's a larger diameter and also lowering them about 5-6 inches, I got the b est results. Another thing wev'e tried on our combine we have now is the curved bats from Case. They really spread the straw.

Red_Greene

I tried one on our old 1440 a few years back, it didn't work that great. I felt it was hard on the bearings also. I found out that by making the two sheet metal spreader disc's a larger diameter and also lowering them about 5-6 inches, I got the b est results. Another thing wev'e tried on our combine we have now is the curved bats from Case. They really spread the straw.

chopper

I have one on a 1460 and an very pleased with the job it does. I do recommend them.

randy

check out www.thespreader.com always had good luck with them, priced better too!!!!!!!!!!!!

iaremec

for the same expense probably why dom't you install the drop down spreaders like on later ones, don't take any hydraulics and does excellent job.

Jimmy_Clark

Have you checked out locally manufactured unit from H and B Technik

Jochen_Germany

Hello Jimmy, thanks for reply. We use H and B combination hood,it spreads straw to the whole wide of cutterbar. But here in Germany we use the straw a lot, with the hood, where we use flat discs without wings_shovels, we are able to line it well for a baler, it is lieing loose in a row on the stubbles. But we want to spread the chaff away, which is now lieing with the straw in the line. Where do you use the chaff spreaders for, do you have experiencesIJ Do some farmers in USA also bale the straw of Axial Flow combinesIJ

Jochen_Germany

Thanks for your answer. We are not satisfied with longer disks, our farmers want to have it exactly spreaded, because no tilled becomes more and more popular. Here in Europe we have different requirements. Those go so far, that the spreading is more important than capacity of combine. See what I wrote Jimmy.

John_W

Redekop in Canada makes a straw chopper which also spreads the chaff. It will really grind up the straw and spreads it well, but this all takes power. If you just want to just spread chaff any of the double spinner chaff spreaders would do the job. Crary, Vititoe, Speader are all in the US and there are two or three in Canada.