Combines chaff spreader

Ilnewholland

I have Kurby(spIJ) twin spreader on mine. It does a nice job and spreads the chaff about 25'. Only down side to a twin spreader vs a single spreader is if it plugs it will plug the whole combine up. Did that once. Didn't know the spreader stoped up till the combine couldn't push any more straw out the rotors. lucky there was no damage, but it took an hour digging all the straw out of the combine.

NHD

My experience tells me that "the Spreader"twin spinner mfg'd in Gifford Il. is the best for a TR combine. I've had single spinner's, Maurer twin spinners, and Crary twin spinners. The twin spinners are necessary for a TR. The Maurer and the Crary have a solid pan w_fins on top of the pan to throw the chaff to the outside. The "spreader" has two disc blades with rubber paddles bolted to them that extend out beyond the disc blades to throw the chaff. Tr's present a unique situation that the beater does not alwys throw all of the residue, especially green bean straw, wet wheat straw, long stemmed weeds, whatever back to the roller and into the chopper. Thats when you need exta clearance to throw that stuff out of the way to avoid plugging and stalling the spreader. Also it's easy to forget that when you run upon a big wad and you stop the header you are stopping the chaff spreader too. Those large solid pans stall real easy. Cobs sometimes jam the solid pans. That's my experience. Also the deluxe chopper on the CR's has a rubber draper to take all the stuff from the beater back to the chopper.

NHD

Yes it does swing out of the way. I have never had to swing it out because the disc blade spinners are only about 20" across so you can stand in between the rubber paddles or even on the spreader frame to get up high enough to clean beards or whatever out of the sieves. on the others if you try to stand on the pans the dang things want turn and you are very unstable.

2rotorsrule

we had a Dutch Kirby on our TR 96. We hate our cheap FandS on our TR98. Kirby spread great for us...built very good. oh yes, we had a chopper for the straw, not spreaders. Just chaff spreading. Neighbor had one on Case that spread chaff and straw...works very good and spreads really far.

ndh

Why not look at spreading your chaff with your strawIJ Give the Redekop MAV a look at www.redekopmfg.com Its a fine cut chopper where both chaff and straw are discharged. The unit creates over a 90mph wind, reaching widths 36ft +. Email me for more info.