Combines custom harvesting

cutter2388

Hey there deer boy hows it goingIJ I have a friend who is a custom harvester who lives in the western part of Nebraska who would be more then happy to hire for the summer only. I myself am from wyoming and am interested in hiring for summer only help myself. I do most of my fall harvesting right at home and usually can get buy with having my dad and one or two hands instead of the 4 or 5 guys I need during the wheat harvest. I run red machines and my friend runs New Hollands sounds like your set on the Deers but a trip on the harvest is well worth taking no matter what kind of machines your around. When I hired on with him in 97 to see what I thought of the harvest it was a good time we would always be back and forth about the two brands. All brands are good machines as far as I am concerned they just need the right person to set them and operate them. If you are interested in him or myself feel free to contact me....

RED_GREEN

DEERE Boy Sorry, I dont know of any outfit from Nebraska. I only know those in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. RED_GREEN

Tinman

If you have a good machine i think it could work. I would charge by the acre. Maybe 20$ an acre. What make of machine do you runIJ

ohiogleaner

I run a cherry gleaner N5. That machine has been upgraded and is absolutley a hog. Thanks. Scott

JFarms

We operate a harvest crew consisting of seven to eight machines depending on the year, mostly CaseIH with the exception to one 9600. We start in southern Okla and work our way north sometimes as far as Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. A majority of our employees are of college age and works out great for us and them. E-mail me for more info on our operation or even just to answer some more questions you may have. jfarms@gctel.com

Proto

Toyboy, If you are interested in going on the wheat harvest I might be able to give you a few names. I went on the Wheat Run last summer and if everything goes right I'll be going again next year. First of all, do you have a CDlIJ If not I would strongly advise getting one, preferably a Class A. Second, what color do you want to runIJ (I'm assuming green since you're on the Deere talk show). lastly, how far do you want to driveIJ There are custom operators from NoDak all the way down to Texas who will be starting the scramble to find help in about two months. Drop me a line and I'll see what I can do for ya. Proto

slim

hi, my names simon i am 30 years old,single,have a full driving licence incl hgv.i have recently expierienced harvest in australia in a 2388 with a 36ft mcdon header.i am now seeking similar work world wide with others who all have had the same 10 - 16 years expirence working for one of the UKs largest agri contractor. if you can assist me in ant way please contact me at stholdom@yahoo.com

Unit_2

Big Al, I talked to the farmer I harvest for in South West Oklahoma some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas and he said they had six inches of real wet snow about the first or second week of December. The wheat is fair to excellent. Here in South Central Kansas, I can't remember when it has been this dry at this time of year. I think it is that way pretty much all over Kansas maybe with the exception of the far northern part. The wheat here looks ok put if we get some extreamly cold weather we could have a lot of winter kill because the wheat has no root development. Where are you from and what does the wheat look like thereIJ K.A.