Combines new combine

danbits

Maybe your dealer better have his dyno calibrated. According to Agco, a new R 75 has 330 hp Who really cares what class they are calledIJ

R72

I now what a R75 has for power, The same as a r72 330 hp. It was not my dealer that dynoed them it was cummins. They did my two machines and about six other peices of equipment. One was a STX 450, it was hitting 480, jd6950 choper book says 550 hp it was hitting 625 and two peterbuilt's 470, they were around 530hp. The cummins guy told me that there engines were going out on the high side, and they were going to corect those machines. I had to sign a waver saying that i took full responsibility to the engiens if any thing happened to them, if I wanted them left were they were. As of this date they are sill 385 hp and have 1500 hours on them not bad for 2001's. I have had no trouble with them at all. When i trade this year I will get cummins to turn them down. Colin

Mi__Tech

First off you nned a real combine in order for it to be classisifed

R72

It won't be a case. My father in law had a 2388, and every time he did flax it would bend the concave and haner rods. This fall he had the rotor blow apart. Frist time i have ever seen a rotor split in two. When i was up helping him finiesh off this season. His 2388 would not come close to the capasity of my two machines. I now mine are bigger all around hp,bin size etc. But the three yrs that he has had this machine it has been nothing but trouble. He has made a deal on a new massey. Will see what they are like. Colin

NlC_Farms

"haner rods"IJ "Frist"IJ "finiesh"IJ "capasity"IJ I take it you also have the Super Size Gleaner Spell Checker as wellIJ

R72

I will say my spelling is bad, but i now my machines and what my father in law has, and the trouble he has.

pudh

hey colin, nice combines. actually i like both gleaner and case ih combines. heck anything but jd and cat, WAAAAYYYY too many moving parts. lance

R72

I like them all too. I have nothing aganst case, just my fatherin laws. His 2188 was better then his 23. The only jd i would run are the older 20's(8820).We are done for the yr just completed corn yesterday, first yr growing. Colin

MarkinND

You are correct is saying that your combine dynoed at 330. There are two horsepower ratings, the rated power and peak power. rated power is typically done at just below high idle and peak power is usually around 1800 rpm's. Your STX450 has a 450hp rated engine and a peak power of 480hp at 1800rpm's. The AFX8010 has a 375hp engine at rated rpm's which should be around 412 peak hp. Mark

R72

I Know what they are rated at, but I have mine turned up too 385 rated and 428 peak. I now my Stx realy pulls and I am quite happy with it. Colin