Combines Not impressed with AFX 8010

C_Bine

8010...uses half the fuel, go to the case sight and talk about that BS, FYI there are no 10 hr. zerks on a 50_60 series...and where I am from (western kansas) they (8010's) are not Deere's worst enemy, the 2388 and lex are...dealers dont even worry about a 8010 everybody knows its just something NH built...over engineered POS.

M

I have friends that are married with 8010s. Pi$$ed right off. If all you guys out there think they are so great, then go and marry one! I'll stick with John Deere thank you.

catmand

Mr FR , I did not write that about the 8010. Maybe you have a problem living in the real worldIJ I only had to make one round in an 8010 to realize that it was barely able to hold itself together while combining 165 bushel an acre corn. Maybe you are the only person on this board(excuse me, and farmer tony)that knows anything about combines and the 8010 is the best combine ever made. even though john deere outsells them by a huge margin. Can we please hear about how great the 8010s are one more timeIJ

rob

8010 when set up properly is way better than the 2388. Neighbor of ours was taking 80 bushel barley at 7.5 mph. Over engineeredIJ These things are the future. They only let 250 out last year, this year they are doing some changes to them and the 2006 model is when they will really take over the market. NH did not design them. They are built at the NH facotry in Grand Island, but they are not NH.

C_Bine

As I said before you should go to the CaseIH page and brag about the 8010, tell them it isnt made by NH and it makes diesel and it is so much better of a machine than a 2388, Gl. 2388's are a machine. As for them "taking over the market" dont get your panties in a wad but Case already saw its peek in the NA combine market. JD rules this market and will in the future.

rob

Well if you only made one round in a 8010 you might have thought they were junk. If you would have taken the time to set it up and done a little trial and eorror or maybee talked to others who had one, you would have been very impressed. Neighbor of ours has 3 2388's and a 8010. The 8010 was doing 80 bushel barley at 7.5 mph while the 2388's were going 4-5. When set up properly, 8010 is far better than the 2388. They only made 250 8010's last year, they're making some changes to them this year and the 2006 models are the ones that will take over the combine market. NH didn't design them either. Just because they're built at the NH factory in Grand Island doesn't mean they're NH.

M

Your Right. They're only HAlF New Holland!! Haven't you looked at their HORRIBIlE track record lately. I always hear from you guys "just wait till they make changes". Then make them already. What about the poor suckers that bought them before. I'll just bet they'll make a change too after wasting big $$$ for the one in their shed.

ihc_afc

HHHHMMMMMMM sounds like the poor suckers that bought into the STS thing the FIRST 2 YEARS with all its updates, breakdowns, and poor performance. Don't know if they got that thing right yet, unless you really like that grinder thing ahead of the rotor- oops tine screw-a-rator contraption.

rob

They've made the changes but they wont be on till the 2006 models. One of the biggest reasons we traded in our 9750 for one was the price difference. It wasn't big money at all. Every 8010 that i'v heard of has come with a 2 year warranty too. Any updates that come out are done for free. These are a brand new line of machines, as with any brand new line of a product there are always bugs to work out, thats why they only made 250 of them.

M

"Any updates are done for free" Tell that to the guys who had to hire their combineing done. The CRs still aren't right, why should these be any different.