Combines Not impressed with AFX 8010

FR

Pi--ed off at 8010 you are so right cause I am, but I will give them another year free waranty.HAS DEERE EVER WARRANTYED FOR 2 YEARS NO! but I too have freinds and relatives that have Deers that are not happy some have traded for 2388s and wish they would have did it sooner none of them would go back to Deere. I will keep the 2388s till 8010s work and then getmore 8010s

C_Bine

Whats the next step BirddogIJ Sticking my head up my rump and buying something other than JD and pretending I did the right thingIJ

Bob_S

I got two neighbor who are brothers and they got two new combines last fall, one was a 9860 john deere with 76-50-32 terri tires and the other got a 8010 caseih with 20-42 dauls on it both were running 28l-26 rear tires. We all wanted to see them run so a bunch of us went over when they started picking corn both were running 12-30 corn heads. Corn was making around 220 bushels to acres and 23% moisture. I saw no difference in quality of grain or loss of grain in either machine. What I saw and suprised me was in the tires terri tires would float across the mud and the duals would cut ruts. I would say they were both good machines.

birdhunter

You should be used to your head being in that position c-bine, there is no other excuse for buying a JD combine.

C_bine

Keep going Birddog, I believe your building self confidence....

birdhunter

No self-confidence issues here. Though I think the same might not be true on your side. Oh, by the way that was reeeeeal clever coming up with birddog. Wow, I bet that took some deep thought huhIJ

C_Bine

nah, why dont you try talking about something constructive with your new self confidence birddogIJIJIJ

Wind

Rob, Rob, Rob... Take a closer look. Case got the frame and the grain tank and an area to mount an engine to. The only difference in the cab is the styling. For that matter, the only difference in most of the machine is the styling, with the exception of the threashing section and the engine choice. As we all know, styling doesn't make a bit of difference to performance. Case did not "design" the whole machine, only a few of the important things.