Combines Why is New Holland combines the least soldIJ

Dakota

When you get a 20.000 $ break per machine from another color for trading yours, you would consider trading, too. This is the reason why John Deere sold so many STS.

SilverTurnedGreen

It's refreshing to read such a detailed and accurate response!!! Touche!!!

cutter2388

Yes you are correct it is all in adjustment made by the right operator, but there are guys out here what can also set up a case,gleaner,jd,massey,cat all brands, who cares whose combine will out do the other guys, I am sure the other guy has his reason for owning the machine what he does. I run a 2188 and a 2388 and I will say your tr-98 wont put my machines to shame I will admit they are pretty evenly matched, I have a friend who runs tr-98 on the harvest and I have actually ran his machines before, just like any other combine they have good and bad to them. I will say a r-72 set up right will munch my machines and yours but they should be able to for they are a bigger machine same as the cat combine for what it costs and the size difference it should out do ours. Every combine has its good and bad in certain crops, I know I harvest alot of barley for budwieser and the farmers in my area want either my case combines or my buddies new holland, there is not very many deers running around here. They all say the rotor is the way to go, but I know you can set up a conventional machine whatever brand it may be to do just as good as the rotors will. I have heard caseih has a few problems in soybeans I wouldnt know because I have never harvested them so hats off to the other brands what dont. I know I will stick to the red ones because that is what we have always ran and we have been very impressed over the years so I see no reason to change a good thing, and all the people what feel the same about their brand of machines have the reason for feeling that way, bottom line all combines are good ones if they are maintained and set and run by the right person.

scooter

I believe most of it comes down to good dealer support. In our area in Ohio our John Deere dealer could not field install a radiator and dropped a combine off the trailer hauling it into the shop. The same year our NH dealer swapped a neighbors' 3208 Cat engine out and had them running by 3PM the day they called in. I am on my 6 or 7th TR and have no intension of going to JD. By the way our JD dealer has I think 5 stores and covers a very large area. He is a big dealer. But the NH dealership has better parts and service. It is rare I am down over 2 hrs. I am running fairly new machines which helped. But ran my old machines 10-12 yrs before I started trading as often as I do now. I am looking forward to the next generation- I think the industry will see a leap in technology. I hope farmers stop and look instead of what looks to me like medicre technology ( a few good ideas ) in the STS machine.

allen

proven fact a massey ferguson rotary is MUCH simpler than any combine on the market. only one in the industry to have a hydrostat rotor that is simple. hell the j.d guys around us tell us once they see ours at how simple it is and a case guy does too. and that dang auger on the new holland get with the program massey was the first to have that but we only got one other color to change to it that is one thing i hate is that auger. the dealers on m.f. are far and between too in some places but we are within 30 miles of one and it is a darn good dealer no question. dealers are a big problem with new holland, massey, cat, and gleaner in some areas. and yes deere only sold SO MANY STS (ROTORS) BECASUE OF THE GREAT DEAlS TAHT THEY WERE OFFERING NO QUESTION. allen

bm

Theres no FANTASTIC new technology in the STS. Fact is, it cuts soybeans better and much longer into the night than any other rotary combine on the market. Period. I've seen it myself, and I don't run any. I've seen the Deere run against a 2388, TR98, and a MF. You set it ONCE, and it runs all day and night without any problems. There's no reason to be color blind. It's the flat out truth. They may have minor bugs, but Deere's always been the best about fixing them, and they will. It's not technology, it's the way the thing feeds evenly, the tines to pull it through, and the growing concave that makes it work so well. This works so well, it's what all you "veteran" rotor guys will probably have to get used to. I know Case_NewHollandIJIJIJ is offering bounties on Deeres right now, and I know none of these ex-red_yellow guys in our area are going back.

NHD

I agree that the hyd. driven rotor on the massey is the best idea of any. This combine is indeed a Cadillac.My question to you is about the NH unloading augerIJ what are you sayingIJOne of the previous posts mentioned somethingabout the STS feeding evenly. I agree, but they had no choice with their wide feederhouse. NH's with twin rotors is a good solution. JD conventionals are the worst whenharvesting barley from the windrow because of the wide feederhouse and a narrow windrow.About 1.8 mph is about all you can do with a JD where the rotors run about 4 mph.By the way I don't hear any comments about the TR-99's. There IS a difference, for the better that is.I really need some opinions about the NH unloading augerIJ Thanks

NHD

I agree it was helluva marketing ploy!I would be slow to go back to anything else.

2rotorsrule

Go back to the green section where you belong. We don't need your 2 cent input nonsense!